How did Abner & Shirley ever end up at Wagonhammer?
That is the question people always want to know and we love to share our story. This adventure has been rewarding to both Abner and I.
We were both born in Ontario Canada. You could say we were childhood sweethearts. We made the big move to Arizona in 1980. We owned and operated Michael Alan Furnishings which is now owned by our daughters Chris and Carrie.
In one of our retirements we enjoyed seeing the country with our RV which then led to the desire to own a small RV park by a River. Our Lake Havasu friends, Ed and Rosie Wheeler knew exactly where to find a scenic site. They led us to Wagonhammer Campground, right on the Salmon River in Idaho. We had never visited Idaho but must say we loved the mountains and river on our first visit and the rest is history. We are so grateful to Ed and Rosie Wheeler for guiding us to our future and that they were so willing to camp host with us for many years. Thank you, thank you!
Hard to believe that was 10 years ago, but many a thing has changed at Wagonhammer over the years. It has been our desire to make Wagonhammer a desired Idaho vacation destination. We have
- planted 50 plus trees
- added 40 new sites along the riverside
- installed all new underground electric and frost free hydrants
- installed a foot bridge leading to the island for our guests’ enjoyment. The island is also a leash free pet area.
- installed a new bridge at our entry which meets highway specs.
- built a new log entry way
- totally refurbished the building both interior and exterior with the highlight our natural stone fireplace in the lodge.
- opened Wagonhammer gift shop popular to both the locals and our guests. Each year on the first weekend in November is the High Country Trail and the grand finale for the camping season. A shopping extravaganza you won’t want to miss.
- added a new Laundromat
- completely remodeled restrooms with showers so appreciated by our guests.
- added gurgling fountains to the front streams
Probably what makes our Idaho RV Park so special is Abner and our Hosts. They are continually working the grounds to keep our park in pristine condition. Our hosts are RVers themselves, so they are extra caring about your needs.
We cannot say enough how much we appreciate our many wonderful Wagonhammer Guests who we have come to consider our family. We so look forward to their return each year. So many guests have returned bringing their friends to enjoy our park and the rich history, incredible scenery, and outdoor activities in our beautiful Salmon River Valley.
Our joy in ensuring you have a wonderful experience at Wagonhammer Campground has been rewarded with Good Sam and Trailer Life Directory Award.
We invite you to come see for yourself what makes the Salmon River Valley such a special place in so many people’s hearts.